Monday, February 16, 2009

Car

Yesterday, after sending Ridhwan to school with my grandpa we went home. There were a few cars in front of ours. They won't move forward for some reason. Then i saw gray smokes about 200m in front of us! About the distance of our house. First thing that came on my mind was, OMG!! Something from the house is burning!!! We my grandpa turned the car to the right to cut the other cars, then only I saw what actually happen. Between our house and our left neighbour's there was a burning brand new Audi car. The fire came from the engine! I was shocked.

Told my grandpa to drive quickly into the garage and close the gate. The smoke was everywhere. We went inside and closed the doors. I ran upstairs and took my camera and snapped some pictures of the cars from the bedroom windows! Nobody was around at the time. The car's driver seat door was opened but the driver was nowhere in sight!



A few minutes later, someone came with a fire extinguisher. He tried to cut off the fire. Unfortunately, it didn't work. The fire got bigger and the guy ran to safety! There were a few guys standing about 100m away from the car. One of them pulled out his cell to make a call to the Fire Department i think. The fire was big and small explosions occurred when the fire reached the internal side of the car. From the bedroom windows, I can see the paint on the car melted and turned black. It was scary!


I was praying the whole time. I was scared the car might explode if the fire reach the fuel tank at the back. Not long after that, the Fire Engine arrived together with the police. The firemen immediately pulled out the water hoses. There were two of them. Luckilly, they managed to control the fire and put if off in less than five minutes. They continued on cooling the engine part for about 15-20 minutes. By then, the crowd was getting bigger.


I went downstairs after the fire was off. Went outside to join the crowd. Right then, my uncle came from his house. I told him what happen. I saw the owner, he was a tall chinese guy! He looked kinda calmed though for a guy whose car just burnt! If it was me, I would have cried my heart out. I mean its an Audi, man! The car really cannot be saved. It was destroyed completely except for the boot. The chinese guy discussed something with the police and he went over to his car to look at it. I heard the car caught fire because the engine overheated or something. Some even said maybe the battery was too dry.


After the firemen was settled doing their job, they took off and the crowd slowly dismissed. The police and the owner stayed and wait for the tow truck. We went back inside. About an hour or so, the tow truck came and took the car away. Parts of the engine and the melted bonnet was left on the road. The melted tin ore messed up the road. Later that day, my uncle and I used the shovel to clean the road. We moved the engine parts to the roadside and we tried to dig the melted tin ore off the road. We managed to clear the road a little bit but the black stain can't be remove. I was thankful that the firemen was fast! If the fire reach the fuel tank, well, I dare not say anything about it. I'm glad nobody was hurt in this incident! =)

No comments: